Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dinner: Impromptu Pad Thai

I hadn't planned dinner yesterday (I was kinda in a funk and didn't even get out of bed until 3pm), so when 5:30 rolled around I realized we didn't have anything to eat! I didn't want to go out because I felt gross, so I rummaged through the pantry and noticed we had a few cans of carrots and some organic corn, in the freezer I had some organic edamame and organic broccoli. Easy to cook, toss with red pepper flakes, soy sauce and Sesame Ginger dressing.. Mike wanted noodles instead of the usual rice I make with Asian vegetables so we ran to Albertsons (closest store) and grabbed some packaged vermicelli rice noodles and some tofu..

Ingredients:
Rice noodles, carrots, corn, edamame, broccoli, broiled tofu topped with cilantro and lime (Latin garnish but it works so well with the veggies!) & spring rolls..





Verdict: Half awful. The veggies were AMAZING, the tofu was crispy with a fluffy center as I like.. But those rice noodles. Ugh. Never again will I buy packaged rice noodles.

We dug thru the noodles, ate all the veggies and tofu and made organic PB&J an hour later.

NTS: Just use spaghetti next time.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment