i saw something i've been wanting to make FOREVER, super easy.. like sauté some onions and dump 5 cans of stuff in a pot easy. i had everything in my pantry except the taco seasoning, so i had DH drop by the store on his way home and pick some up. he was amazing and grabbed my favorite multigrain tortilla chips while he was there as well.
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 15 1/2 oz. can dark red kidney beans, not drained
- 1 15 1/2 oz. can pinto beans, not drained
- 1 15 1/2 oz. can corn, drained
- 1 14 1/2 oz. can tomatoes w/chilis, not drained -i sub'd diced tomatoes/cilantro/lime because DH can't handle spice
- 1 14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
in a large pot saute the onions in a little bit of oil or cooking spray until translucent (i tossed in a tad of garlic as well). dump the other ingredients in the pot and cook covered for an hour, or uncovered for thicker soup.
it was AMAZING. i will make this weekly kind of amazing. i topped it with steamed rice (hello rice cooker!) and half a small avocado :]