Thursday, August 26, 2010

vegan fettuccine alfredo


[not the best picture, I was out of natural light and it was taken with my iPhone]


16oz box of fettuccine noodles
1/2 bag of "mozzarella" Daiya Cheese Shreds
2 tablespoons vegan grated parmesan topping or nutritional yeast
3 tablespoons of vegan butter (I use Earth Balance because it kicks ass)
3 tablespoons of cornmeal (I don't measure.. I just kinda eyeballed it)
1 cup of unsweetened or original soy/rice/milk substitute
1 clove of garlic (or 1tsp of minced)
garlic salt
italian seasoning

Salt and oil water, boil pasta until al dente.

In a small pot or sauce pan (on medium heat) melt the vegan butter, toss in some garlic salt, italian seasoning and the garlic. Heat until you can smell the garlic.

Shake in about 3 tablespoons of cornmeal (remember, I eyeball so I can't be sure) and stir until combined.

Add the parm topping/nutritional yeast and mix.

Stir in the cup of soymilk, and stir continuously until it just begins to boil. Lower heat and stir for another minute, add in the Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream and stir until melted. Toss in the Daiya Cheese, mix until combined.

Drain pasta and put it back in it's pot, pour alfredo over the pasta, mix and enjoy!

Top with broccoli, asparagus, or vegan chik'n and a bit more parm topping.

This was a last minute meal option. We hadn't considered what to make for dinner and I decided it was time to try and make an easy alfredo. Everything took about 20mins tops. It was REALLY good and hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment